[bksvol-discuss] Re: Jim Fruchterman To Be Our Guest Tuesday, November 27, 2007

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:55:10 -0500

Dear Grand Cindy and Mac Users,

The Bookshare Conference room has been updated with a place for Mac users to get the tools they need to listen to the conferences Oh, Grand Cindy, It would be so cool if you could come to hear Jim Tonight. You are one of the cornerstones in the volunteer community and I can't imagine you and Jamie not being there.

Last night, I called my Sighted friend Diane, the one with the Amazon Bookstores who sells me the books that don't move at low prices and takes me to library book sales where she shops for new stock. Diane patiently listens to me prattle on and on about my validations at length. Often, if I'm working on a novel, I tell her the story as I read it because Diane is extremely physically active and doesn't read for recreation but loves hearing stories. Anyway, Diane wants to here Jim and last night she called me and I talked her through going to the sight, downloading the tools and poof, she was in the room. She didn't have a mike, but she could hear. Susan Lumpkin was in the room and met Diane who was able to talk to her by pressing f nine and writing her chat which we with jaws can then read. It was fun and Diane will be listening to Jim tonight.

Grand Cindy, Please contact me if you think I can help you feel at home in that very friendly, well managed room. Just write me off list and I'll send my phone number or do my best to write instructions.

When I say the room is well managed, I mean, nice people hang out there, the people from the lists, no pranksters or people there from boredom who don't care about Bookshare. The room is fun, polite, interesting and safe.

Always with love,

Lissi