[bksvol-discuss] Re: Jaws, tight lipped about page breaks!

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:48:44 -0700

Hi Roger,

        What you are experiencing is pretty normal, I think.  Were you,
before this issue came up, accustomed to hearing jaws announce "page break"
when reading continuously?  Sorry if you have answered that already.

        Your solution sounds the most practical to me.

        Now, I will tell you that Bookshare, though it does require page
breaks, does not require that books have page numbers.  Many of us insert
them when working if they aren't present.  I just wanted to let you know
that inserting them is not required by Bookshare.  Those who take the time
to insert them are much appreciated by me and many others.  I personally
absolutely always insert them when working on a book whose page numbers
didn't scan well.  Just wanted you to know that you have choices while still
adhering to the letter of Bookshare law.

Good luck, and I for one do appreciate your conscientiousness!

Mayrie