[bksvol-discuss] Re: Jaws, tight lipped about page breaks!

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 00:03:15 -0400

Dear Roger,

When Jaws was speaking Page break, I was listening to the book by arrowing down
one line at a time. I don't use continuous play because I think I concentrate
and notice more detail one line at a time. The act of arrowing down line by
line seems to aid my concentration on the task. Reading line by line helps me
hear when funky formatting is going on as when margins are all over the map or
fonts go huge, because those problems present as much shorter or longer
sounding lines. Really, I'm not sure that matters as long as the paragraph
breaks are in the right places.

I'm sorry I can't contribute anything to help you hear page breaks when JAWS is
continuously reading.

Good luck.

Always with love,

Lissi