[bksvol-discuss] Re: Jaws, tight lipped about page breaks!

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 23:43:18 EDT

As a matter of fact, I am having a similar problem. I have just started
validating a book in which I at first thought that there were no page breaks.
However, when I down arrow one line at a time JAWS reads the page breaks when I

come to them. It just doesn't do so when it is continuously reading. To make
matters worse, none of the pages are numbered. I have just inserted the first
ten page numbers, but this is too tedious while reading the text too. If no
other solution is found I think that I will just go ahead and finish the book
on  continuous read and then go back and down arrow from one page break to
another  inserting page numbers. By the way, I am using JAWS 9.0. In a message
dated  7/27/2008 8:26:54 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, poetprodigy7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

writes:

-------------- Original message from "Estelnalissi"  <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
--------------

> Dear  Booksharian Friends,
>
> Recently I upgraded to JAWS nine point  zero something something something,
> the upgrade after plain JAWS nine  point oh. Now it no longer announces
page
> breaks. Where it used to  say Page Break, it now says blank.
>
> Seeing if the page breaks  are there is tedious, slow and dizzy making for
> me, at the very  least. This is slowing me down. Has anyone had the same
> problem?
>
> If nobody has ideas about this, I can reinstall JAWS nine  point oh and
hope
> that solves the problem. I'll also call JAWS tech  help. I don't have much
> confidence in it because when I called for  the first time in two years,
they
> wanted to blame it all on Norton  without delving in my problem at all, and
> this after my latest Norton  upgrade had worked fine for 4 months without
> disturbing JAWS. I think  computer maintenance is as ongoing and expensive
> and frustrating as  car maintenance must be for people who own them. I like
> appliances  that work for years without acting twisted, things like fans,
>  refrigerators, radios and washing machines!
>
> Thanks in  advance,
>
> Lissi
>
> To unsubscribe from this  list, send a blank Email to
> bookshare-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line. To get a  list of
> available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the  subject line.

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank  Email to
bookshare-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Put the word  'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line.  To get a list of
available  commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject  line.

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.