[bksvol-discuss] Re: Jaws not speaking misspelled words in Office 2003

  • From: "Dan Beaver" <dbeaver888@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:17:34 -0400

Wow!

I tried your suggestion and it didn't work. However, I also noticied some other strange things so I exported the book to a text file. I then imported it back into the .rtf file and spell checking now works correctly. Must have been something nasty in that data.

Now, for those who are probably screaming that exporting and importing .rtf files to and from text files messes up the paging, it doesn't if you do it right. I first convert all ^ms to the string [page break]. Then when I import it back in I convert all [page break] strings to ^m. I have done it lots of times and it works very well.

Thanks.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>