[bksvol-discuss] Re: Jaws left right arrows saying blank

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 23:49:40 -0500

Hello again Lissi,

There you go.  These are some of the things you want to include when asking
a question: JAWS 6.0, XP, Office 2003, and OpenBook 7.0.  You might not need
to mention all of them every time, but it doesn't hurt to give more
information than needed.

I'm glad you got your problem worked out.

I did notice one thing that was confusing in this message, and want to
caution you about doing it in case the first thing you wrote was correct.
From what you said below, you named your file RTF.  RTF is a common file
extension since it is a popular file format, and you don't want to name a
file RTF since it might cause problems with Windows or Word.  Name it
something .RTF, like Something.RTF <Smile>.  It sounds like you may have not
renamed it, though, but left it as it was already named since you said that
Jaws identifies the file as The Orphan Game A novel f1rtf Microsoft word.

Again, good luck with your validation, and also with your learning curve.

Gerald