[bksvol-discuss] Re: Jamie--you're right smile

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:57:20 -0600

Julie,

Gustavo would be the person who would know the answer, and I don't ever
recall him ever jumping in to correct anything on the list.

I know the issue isn't addressed on the website or in any instructions that
I've seen provided by Bookshare, so I'm wondering if they ever gave it any
thought.

I think the issue depends on whether you consider the primary novel or the
book the core content.  While the excerpt isn't core to the main story, my
impression is that it's core to the book.  The publisher does want it
included in the book, or it wouldn't be there.

However, that doesn't mean Bookshare considers it core content, so I've
written Gustavo to find out what the official policy is and will let the
list know when I hear back from him.  If he doesn't get back to me in a
couple of days, then I'll give him a call.

Gerald