[bksvol-discuss] Jake's site new categories to browse for bookshare.org

  • From: Laura Ann Grymes <agapepetsitting@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss-freelists.org" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ReadingClub4TheBlind-yahoogroups.com" <ReadingClub4TheBlind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ChristianReading4TheBlind-yahoogroups.com" <ChristianReading4TheBlind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bookshare-discuss-freelists.org" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:33:13 -0500

hi guys,
I am working on filling the data base on Jake's site and categorizing the Christian Literature that is on bookshare.org so it is easy for you guys to find new authors and new books to read.
I am also working on other categories which I will explain below.

This is an on going project I will keep updated and keep adding books from the past as well.
I am working daily on this or sometimes nightly LOL.
I love it and am now working to add Christian authors I know are there that I have read and are good.
I have added all the books that I found which are Christian or at least most of them in the last 2,000 books added to bookshare.

I have created categories for
Christian Fiction
Chick Lit (sassy women or strong women stories that are fiction, not necessarily a romance but fun heart warming reading, full of laughter like the sister chick books and books by Kristin Billerbeck )

General (books both men and women will enjoy and stories are drama, comtemporary fiction, historical fiction)

Romance (these are like Heart song romances, Steeple Hill Romances or the novelas )

Suspense Mystries and thrillers (these have Joel C. Rosenberg, Ted Dekker, Dee Henderson, Bill Myers, books full of action and suspense or mysteries like Hannah Alexander or Patricia Rushford)

Christian non fiction
devotionals
Christian Living and Growth
Biographies
health and natural health
Profecy and end times
Christian Women books
Marriage and Family books
Singles
Books for men

Historical
in other groups I am working on

I am adding animal reelated books
I added a cat category
and a holistic natural health under animals.
and have added a few books there but not finished yet.

I added a home and Garden group with categories of gardening and cookbooks

I also added a Biography group if anyone wants to add biographies there.

I just wanted you guys to know so you can check it out and give me any feedback you would like.
http://www.jbrownell.com/bks/
If someone wanted to take on the gardening and cookbooks to add or

non fiction biographies

or something like that let me know and feel free to do that.

I would like to work for now on the Christian fiction and non fiction so we don't get duplicates.

This is fun and I think will make it easy to find good reads.

Let me know what you guys think.

Laura Ann