[bksvol-discuss] Re: J.D. Robb books

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:52:22 -0500

Cindy,

Yes, the Robb books are almost caught up.  I've discovered that Naked in
Death needs a rescan due to missing words, but my library has it, so i'll
handle it sometime  in the next couple of weeks.  Other than that, all of
the books in the series are in the collection  or the admin queue and in
Excellent shape, so don't worry about them any more.  Thanks for helping us
look for the missing books.

I'll let the list know when the series is completely caught up.  BTW, since
these books are showing up at/near the top of the Hardcover Fiction NYT
Bestseller list now, the series should remain caught up as long as Bookshare
continues the NYT Bestseller project.

BTW, I think I've mentioned that NLS began trying to catch this series up
back in 2004 by adding all of the Robb novels they were missing to their
list of Books For Consideration.  NLS still didn't have two of the older
books out of processing when I looked in the last couple of weeks, plus will
probably never record all of the anthologies, and of course still doesn't
have Memory in Death, the most recent book in the series, recorded yet.

This was a real team project.  Thanks to Grace for scanning the last two
books in the series which were missing: Ceremony and Witness.  Thanks should
also go to Tom who scanned Judgement and Carrie who scanned the other last
books which were missing from the collection, including a couple of the
anthologies which I thought would have to be purchased new in order to get
them into the collection.  As you know, the hardest part about catching this
NYT Bestselling series up was locating the books which have yet to be
published in hardback since they aren't easily found in libraries.

Gerald