[bksvol-discuss] JAWS and Microsoft Word Issue

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 14:46:01 -0400

Hi, guys.
I'm having a problem with the way JAWS reads documents in Word.

It reads most everything but it sometimes doesn't read all of a line.  The only
pattern I've noticed is that JAWS automatically goes to the next line, even if
there's more text on the first line, when there are three periods.  It does it
at other times; I just haven't seen any other commonalities.

I'm using JAWS 7.1  (Yes I know it's old but I like this version) and Word
2003.  I tried maximizing the screen and switching to full screen layout but
this didn't make any difference.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Christina