[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ivan Doig.

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 23:14:11 -0600

They sound really good, though!

Jana

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bud Schwab" <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 10:15 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Ivan Doig.

Maybe I can get the other two and scan them also. I had never heard of him before. It's certainly different than our usual modern books.

BudAt 08:09 PM 1/12/2007, you wrote:
A long time ago I scanned English Creek by Ivan Doig,
upon someone's request. That book is the first of the
Montana Trilogy. The other two are Dancing at the
Rascal Fair and Ride with Me Mariah MOntana. I enjoyed
English Creek and it would be nice to hav the other
two in the collection. He is, I think, the firstof the
authors of whom I'd never heard and whose writing I
very much enjoyed, thogh I haven't found the time to
read the rest of his books.

Cindy

--- Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Gang
>
> I just sent in "The Whistling Season" by Ivan Doig.
> It's very clean
> and should be easy validating.  It's agbout early
> Montana around
> 1909. No murders, no sex, but just interesting life
> in the early
> 1900's.  It's about 350 pages and very few errors
> and the headings
> are gone and the page numbers are at the top with a
> blank line beneath them.
> Happy validating.
>

> Bud Schwab
> W 6 Z Y P