[bksvol-discuss] Re: Italics

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:31:57 -0800

Folks,

I have been reading along on this great thread.

For a while now I have been wondering if there is a gap in our training
materials around this sort of thing. Specifically I was wondering what
value a brief overview of  the types of information conveyed in print by
typeface, font effects like italics or bold, and layout. Can anyone who is
congenitally blind and has discovered a resource on these aspects of print
communication send me the reference or the document itself?

Thanks

Scott Rains
Benetech Fellow
Scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On 2/2/11 5:42 AM, "Mike" <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Cindy Lou,
>
>Just to add to what Mayrie said, using italics to indicate when a person
>is thinking as opposed to speaking is a correct use of italics.  Yes,
>you should leave them in (and it's very perceptive of you to recognize
>what is happening in this case).
>
>Misha
>
>On 1/31/2011 8:11 PM, Mayrie ReNae wrote:
>> Hi Cindy Lou,
>>
>> Leaving the italics as you have done is absolutely correct.  Thanks for
>>your
>> conscientious work.
>>
>> Mayrie

N?§²æìr¸?yúè?Øb²X¬¶Ç§u¦åjy?¨¥¶?ä²ú%v+ºË+z«?²×ëyéb²Û(®
n¶Ø^Â?ݺ{.nÇ+?·?Ê+lzWâ?Ø^²æãyËe?w?¢­jX¬¶?Ú½¨¥i¹^r?¦jwl¦ëm?ì(­Ø^??ò?Û?ø§¶¬¹¸ÞrÙb?