[bksvol-discuss] Is advice correct?

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 11:00:10 -0700

Hi, I got a letter from Maureen who asked me about stripping headers. Here's
what I told her: 1. If you are on the header line, hit the home key to be
sure you're at the beginning of the line; 2. When you are at the first
letter of the header, hold down the shift and control keys with your left
hand while striking the end key with your right hand; 3. The idea is to
select all the words of the header; 4. make sure the page number hasn't been
selected and if not, hit the delete key to strip the header. I know what to
do with my screen reader when the document is open in Word 2003, but I'm
unsure if I gave Maureen the correct advice. She's using Kurzweil and I've
never done anything with that. Do submitters strip headers in the manner I
described or do they do something different. I'm worried in case Maureen got
erroneous information from me. Please write back and let her (and me) know
what the proper procedure is. Regards, Kim Friedman.

database 5141 (20100524) __________

http://www.eset.com