[bksvol-discuss] Re: Is Anyone Scanning These?

  • From: MissWings <misswings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 23:57:11 -0500

Thanks Monica.

So how does the book get submitted to the members of Bookshare to read instead of just to volunteers? If after I'm done with it it goes back for someone else to look at, how does it get through to members that don't volunteer to proofread? Just curious. Thanks to everyone for all the welcomes, and I'm having fun reading all of the messages on this list and hearing all of the advice that's given out.

MissWings

At 11:46 PM 10/17/2006, Monica Willyard wrote:

Hi, MissWings. Yes, when you're done with the book, load the Bookshare site and log in. Then look for a link that says step 2 on it. When you press enter, you'll be taken to a page with your book title on it with 2 choices. You can upload the title or release the title. Uploading takes you to a web page where you can accept or reject the book and verify it's author and title. If you release a book, it means you are releasing it back to the step 1 page for someone else to fix. This is usually done if you find that you can't work on the book due to things coming up in your life or if you have too much trouble with a book but know it's good enough to keep. I hope this helps you. If you get stuck, please let us know how we can help. (smile)

Monica Willyard

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.408 / Virus Database: 268.13.4/480 - Release Date: 10/17/2006