[bksvol-discuss] Re: Introduction/Possibly Difficult Question...

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 07:54:05 -0400

Hi,

The problem on the XP machine turned out to be that the PC was so old that
it had both USB 1.xx and 2 ports.  I had forgotten this and plugged the
scanner into a USB 1 which, instead of giving useful error messages, acted
differently each time.  When I changed ports, I was able to run all of the
diagnostics successfully.

I hope to get the book scanned today but, because it's on pretty low quality
(soft) paper, I think it will need a lot of babysitting to ensure a good
scan without paper jamming problems.

I'll send you, Jamal and Jim Homme copies as soon as I get it scanned and
maybe run a spell checker.  I'll probably also set up
"BlindNerdBookClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" today or tomorrow so we can have a place
people can go with requests on which we can take action.

BTW:  Did your gift subscription start working?

cdh