[bksvol-discuss] Re: Introduction - Was: Renegade's Magic: Book Three of The Soldier Son Trilogy by Robin Hobb wanted

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:52:57 -0600

Hi Jim!

Welcome to the list and to volunteering.  I hope you are enjoying retirement.

I can understand you wanting to put aside the computer books. They are a hard scan. I'm scanning one now, and the margins are a little tight and all of those screen shots, whew, but I still enjoy it. I have to rescan pages with screen shots and change the setting of OpenBook to not recognize columns, and they usually turn out well, depending on the screen shot, when the print is not too small.

Debby

At 04:21 PM 2/8/2010, Jim Shaffer wrote
Well, let's see if I can get a good scan of the book. I should be getting it tomorrow.

Jamie, you're correct, I'm new to this list, and to volunteering, at least in a serious way. I live just outside of Austin, Texas. I retired from IBM almost 2 years ago now. I'd worked for them for 30 years as a software engineer. I finally got around to setting up our scanner, and updating my copy of K1000. In the past couple of weeks I've scanned in one book, "The Conscience of a Libertarian", and have proofread 2 books.

You might think I'd be scanning computer texts and manuals, but actually I'm kind of tired of computers, after 33 years total in the field. It's time for other stuff now. My computer is now just another tool.
--
Jim Shaffer
Pflugerville, TX