[bksvol-discuss] Re: Introduction - Was: Renegade's Magic: Book Three of The Soldier Son Trilogy by Robin Hobb wanted

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 17:34:35 -0500

Welcome to the volunteer group, Jim.
Christina

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jim Shaffer
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 5:21 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Introduction - Was: Renegade's Magic: Book Three of
The Soldier Son Trilogy by Robin Hobb wanted

  Well, let's see if I can get a good scan of the book.  I should be getting it
tomorrow.

  Jamie, you're correct, I'm new to this list, and to volunteering, at least in
a serious way.  I live just outside of Austin, Texas.  I retired from IBM
almost 2 years ago now.  I'd worked for them for 30 years as a software
engineer.  I finally got around to setting up our scanner, and updating my copy
of K1000.  In the past couple of weeks I've scanned in one book, "The
Conscience of a Libertarian", and have proofread 2 books.

  You might think I'd be scanning computer texts and manuals, but actually I'm
kind of tired of computers, after 33 years total in the field.  It's time for
other stuff now.  My computer is now just another tool.
    --
    Jim Shaffer
    Pflugerville, TX