[bksvol-discuss] Introduction

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 15:53:09 -0700

Hello, Bookshare Volunteers,

I am a new Bookshare member and volunteer and just wanted to introduce myself.

I joined Bookshare via a somewhat unusual path.  For Christmas last year, I
gave my husband a bookshare membership because he was always running out of
books from NLS.  I figured that as a member of bookshare, he would never run
out of reading material.  However, not only has he found plenty of books to
read, but he became a volunteer and began validating books.  I watched this
process with interest.

When I discovered all the books in the Bookshare collection on the Brontes, I
realized that I had to join Bookshare in order to access these books as the
Brontes are a love of mine.

Because of seeing the joy Mike has found through validating books, I submitted
a book "The Elements of Prayer", signed up as a volunteer, and just got the
word that Elements of Prayer has been added to the collection, and it is such a
wonderful feeling.

So, I look forward to submitting books, validating a few, and reading a lot.
So now you will see two Castners on the list, and my introduction is a
roundabout way of explaining why.

Lori Castner