[bksvol-discuss] Re: Introducing myself

  • From: "Denise Wagner" <denisecwagner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:39:29 -0500

Thanks, Monica, for the tips, and especially for sharing your story.  I think I
chose a book I'm going to like (I checked out the synopsis on Amazon before I
downloaded it:-)), it's rated Excellent, and it's been waiting since July, so
I'm feeling quite happy about it.  I eventually want to get to scanning -- my
office has a duplex copier that will scan into pdf -- but I have no idea how to
go about it.  I think I'll wait to explore that aspect of Bookshare until after
I've done some proofreading first:-).

I do have another question, though.  When I was browsing for a book to
proofread, I found alot of BSO books.  I was bummed since some of them looked
like my kind of genre.  How does a person get a book reserved for her?  Is it
"who you know"?

Also, my husband likes completely different books than I do, and he's a
scientist (yuck), so if he decides he'd like to give it a try, is it ok to let
him proofread under my account, or does he need to set up his own?  He may
never do it, but I just thought I'd ask.

Denise