[bksvol-discuss] Re: Interlibrary load

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 23:09:02 -0400

Hi Cindy, they don't charge either way for their interlibrary loans.  We
have UPS deliver our books, as Pennsylvania is a huge state, we may not look
it on the map, but we are.  WE have a system called Access PA and it is a
listing of all the books in the entire state.   I can borrow from that list,
but.... it doesn't mean the books are in.  And unfortunately outside of
Pennsylvania, I can't borrow at this point, sigh, as I am no longer in
college, my University had well, a awesome Interlibrary loan system.

But.... they aren't charging now, but are in serious economic difficulties.
We have four employed librarians and all the rest of the Library is ran by
volunteers and they do an awesome job.  We raise funds any way we can,
through raffles, and donations, and sales of books and rummage, and book
bags, and other little stuff to sell.  They are collecting spair change, and
accepting donations of books, and money for books.  Smile, basically
whatever we can get..  They love the books I give as well, I scan them, and
kind of don't need them again, smile.  And they are in great shape.  I have
seen several of my books in the Children's section.  But the financial
future doesn't look good, so want to help out anywhere I can.  I just don't
want to look a bit nosy or something.  smile.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com
Never let mistakes or wrong directions, of which every man falls
into many, discourage you.  There is precious instruction to be
got by finding where we were wrong.

      -- Thomas Carlyle