[bksvol-discuss] Re: Interesting K1000 Problem

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:40:33 -0500

Hi Evan,

I find even with a gig of memory that the natural sounding voices can sometimes
be quite sluggish.

I would encourage you to try again the IBM TTS as I believe the Kurzweil
version is newer. They also sound better. In addition Kurzweil has, if memory
serves me correctly, blocked all the character combinations of length 4 from
being passed to IBM if it will crash the engine.

Keep in mind when Kurzweil does crash from either IBM problems or an internal
error, you at most have lost a single page of work. The program will ask you if
you want to open the last file that wasn't properly saved when you re-enter the
product.

Let us know what your experience is.

Jake