[bksvol-discuss] Interesting K1000 Problem

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:45:07 -0700

I just installed the K1000 demo, and I was just looking through the menus to
see what was in them.  I notice that in the scanning settings, when changing
the delay between repeated scans, and in changing the scanning brightness, the
voice changes and speaks in a foreign language I cannot identify.  Anyone heard
of this?  I guess I gotta read the manual at some point, but this seems a
little weird.  If it is speaking English all the rest of the time, why would it
change languages for just those two settings, at least those are the only ones
I have seen so far.  I haven't looked at all of them, yet.  Still, very strange.