[bksvol-discuss] Re: Input, Please

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 23:34:18 -0500

Hi Gary,

I just went and looked at the history for the book. You don't need to do anything. The email is for the proofreader--although it also gets automatically sent to you as the scanner.

It was checked out by a jiffy proofer, from looking at the book history. The book was returned to the checkout queue so that it actually gets proofread by someone instead of grabbed and then immediately put on the approval queue.

I hope that helps!

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 8/28/2016 11:08 PM, Gary Petraccaro wrote:

I just received the following from BookShare and don't know what to do to fix the books in question.

Dear Gary

Thank you for your efforts to prepare a book for Bookshare. We are contacting you because your submission has been marked for more editing before publication on Bookshare.

/Resurrecting Ravana, adult Buffy 9/ by Ray Garton, Joss Whedon

We invite you to contact volunteer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx if you need more information regarding this submission. We appreciate the time you spend contributing to Bookshare, and look forward to continuing to build the collection together.

Below are some of the specific reasons for the request for further editing of this submission:

To the Proofreader: This book needs to be proofread. This entails going through the book page by page, reading it and checking for "scannos" such as the word I incorrectly having scanned as the numeral 1, duplicate pages, words broken across pages, paragraphs between speakers that weren't correctly separated by the OCR program, and generally cleaning up the scan. If you have questions, please contact volunteer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you,
The Bookshare Team