[bksvol-discuss] Re: Info on Mary Todd Lincoln.

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 19:07:32 -0500

Hi:

Yes I know that the original request was for a specific book...  What I
referenced would not be suitable for a young reader.  I was simply commenting
on the reference to Mrs. Lincoln's life and what I had read about her.

Sorry, Cindy, for the confusion.

Lynn

    Author:  Jean H. Baker
    NLS Book Number:  RC 26662.

    As I recall, it profiled her life from childhood on; including her time in
the White House and the aftermath of President Lincoln's assassination.

    She seems to have had a rather sad life, and I would say she probably
suffered from mental illness.  I believe her son, Robert, tried unsuccessfully
to have her committed...

    Lynnsky

    Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and of good courage; be not
frightened, neither be dismayed; for the Lord your God is with you wherever you
go."  Joshua 1:9

    Visit my blog at:
    http://lynnskyi.livejournal.com/

    Enjoy the splendor of truth on EWTN.