[bksvol-discuss] Info for newbies: emailed books-added list if you want

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 18:23:50 -0700 (PDT)

There seem to be so many new volunteers, I thought I'd
mention an email list I send out to those who want
them.

I won't go into the reason that this started, but I
email a list of the latest books added to the
collection to those who want it. Many people find that
they like to receive it in their email because they
don't always have the time or inclination to log into
bookshare and check the Browse New Books list. Also,
they find it useful to receive in their mail when they
are out of town and don't have access to the Internet.

This is a list only of books in  English added to the
collection. The titles are asterisked because people
asked for it to facilitate navigation, and I delete
the lines specifying language and For members only
because I have that info in a paragraph at the
beginning. The list is sent out BCC so no one can see
anyone else's address--not that it really matters,
since when you post to this list your address is
visible, but it makes some people more comfortable.
smile

If you want to be added to those who receive the list,
let me know by writing to me at popularplace@xxxxxxxxx
or hifriend@xxxxxxxxx or by posting at the
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx so you don't add mail
to this list. smile