[bksvol-discuss] Re: Improving excellent books

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:08:19 -0700 (PDT)

I think we have to be careful in validating in correcting "obvious errors".

  I submitted a book recently, Acts of Violets (Flower Shop Mysteries #5),
which was frustrating because it has "obvious errors". But those errors are in
the book and not in my scanning, and as a submitter, I'm not allowed to correct
those errors. For example there is a word misspelled in the beginning pages but
it is part of a quote from Elaine Viets, and that is her words and you can't
change a quote from a person.

  On page 19 the publisher used "belived" instead of "believed".  On page 28
the publisher used "shouldes" instead of shoulders. On page 68 they have
"Coffe-Mate" instead of "Coffee-Mate".  On page 152 they have "flourescent"
instead of "fluorescent". Get the idea?

  Not all obvious errors are true errors in scanning.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Survivor in Death - J.D. Robb

I'm an eBay affiliate, click here before you bid!
Click here for eBay!