[bksvol-discuss] Important Update For Christian Fiction Book Club Members

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bookshare Discuss <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:39:18 -0500

Hi, everyone. I'm writing to you because I've discovered that the quality of the scan of the book we were originally going to read for next month's Christian fiction book club is too poor to read comfortably. It's rated excellent but actually needs to have a lower rating. Susan and Larry Lumpkin are going to rescan the book for us after the holidays are over. For this reason, I'm going to ask everyone to read a different book for this month. I am very sorry to have inconvenienced any of you.

The book I'd like for us to read is called The Seat Beside Me, by Nancy Moser. This is a gripping page-turner that takes us on the ride of a lifetime aboard a plane where people are called to act with bravery in the split second decisions that change the course of their lives forever. Nancy Moser tells the gripping story of five passengers and their seatmates who get casually acquainted -- then plunge headlong into an icy river in a sudden plane crash. The moments that follow are more intense than any they have ever lived, changing the way the passengers see God and the meaning of life itself. This book reveals the eternal impact a brief interaction can have and the drastic measures it takes for some to reexamine their souls. Lori Castner scanned this book and recommended it to me a couple of months ago. You can find the book on Bookshare at http://www.bookshare.org/web/SingleTitle.html?submittitleid=45999

Happy reading, and I'll see you on January 4th.

Monica Willyard