[bksvol-discuss] Re: Image Formats, WAS: Re: Looking for sighted help with a book

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:24:18 -0700

Hi Debby,

For me, it isn't a matter of preference, but more a matter of ignorance.  My
OCR program, which I use to create scanned images of pages, creates tif
files.  I didn't know I had an option for any other flavor of image.
Perhaps I do, perhaps I don't.  But all I'm trying to say is that I send the
kind of image that is automatically created when I scan a page from a book,
since I don't know how to do anything else.  I did learn that not choosing
gray scale as the kind of image created is a really good idea, as gray scale
images are indeed HUGE!!!!

Mayrie