[bksvol-discuss] Re: Image Descriptions in Children's Books

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:40:50 -0700

Jamie, no they didn't I didn't see any picture descriptions, sadly! I don't think that outsourcers from Africa and such do that sort of thing but someone can correct me, I remember reading books that were submitted by Digital Divide or something like that. They do a reasonable job too. I'm sure they're not reading this messages but thumbs up to them so far.

--
"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be

On 7/29/2010 1:36 PM, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote:
Scott, one of the first books I proofread as a new volunteer was called No, David by David Shannon, where the pictures were highly important because the words No David (which are about the only words in the book) just don't mean anything without the pictures.

However, when I just checked, it was replaced by a scan done by Worth Trust.

So I hope they put in the picture descriptions equivalent to the ones I worked so hard on a few years ago.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading:  Crossing California by Adam Langer
Earn cash for answering trivia questions every 3 hours: http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497

See everything I've read this year at: www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html <http://www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html>