[bksvol-discuss] Re: Image Descriptions in Children's Books

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 15:47:33 -0400

Dear Scott,

Oops again. Yes, I see showing examples in context is a bad idea. I know volunteers get the idea from what I wrote. I'm so used to showing examples...which in this case is not the thing to do.

As for exchanging information to get help to ensure my descriptions reach the collection without embarrassing errors, we'd only exchange my text, not any copyrighted material. Volunteers will be able to discern whether or not they can visualize a described scene without seeing any of the copyrighted material. The descriptions, if written well enough, should be able to stand on their own.

I appreciate the reminder and hope not to have to keep needing them as I know better!

Always with love,

Lissi