[bksvol-discuss] Re: I'm wondering...

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:20:46 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, publishers put out different editions of the same book (hardbound or
paperback), or they will revise and update the book to create another edition,
or add an introduction by a famous name, or whatever. And sometimes another
publisher will put out its own edition of the same book.  So it's not uncommon
for different editions to have different numbers of pages, etc.

  Carrie

Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Nancy,

I noticed that the books have different ISBN numbers. Is it
possible that one is hard cover, one paperback, or perhaps one is large
print? Would any of these things increase file size? The file sizes don't
look as different as the numbers of opages. That makes me think one might
be large print. But over 500 pages? Just thoughts. Sorry if none of it
is of value.

Peace,

countries) for 2¢/min or less.