[bksvol-discuss] Re: I'm wondering...

  • From: The Pardees <jfpardee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:15:13 -0400

And why would they use my short synopsis?
Jim

At 03:35 AM 9/11/06, you wrote:

I was downloading the new J.A. Jance book this evening and happened to see the following: 2 copies of Exit Wounds

It looks like Jim P downloaded the first in excellent condition, the second was submitted by an in house person, has a different ISN, says it has almost 700 pages but only has about 282kb as its daisy size. I am confused. I have included the info from both editions. Would someone please explain why there are two copies that are the same but so different? Thanks!

Jim's Copy Info:

Exit Wounds by
J. A. Jance

Choose Format to Download:

DAISY Digital Talking Book Format
(296 KB)

BRF Braille Digital Format
(207 KB)

This is a copyrighted book available for download only to current members of Bookshare.org.

To open this book, you will first need to unpack it using the Bookshare.org Unpack Tool that can be downloaded from the
Download Tools area.

Nested Table with 2 columns and 9 rows, nesting level 1
Synopsis:
Who would kill a loner with a soft spot for stray dogs? And why would the killer use an eighty-five-year-old bullet, fired from the same gun that killed
two women who were discovered bound, naked.
Average customer rating:
No ratings available yet
Quality:
Excellent, almost no errors.
Language:
English
Book size:
355 pages
ISBN:
0-380-97731-1
Copyright Date:
2003
Copyrighted By:
J. A. Jance
Submitted by:
Jim Pardee
table end

In House Copy:
Exit Wounds by
J. A. Jance

Choose Format to Download:

DAISY Digital Talking Book Format
(282 KB)

BRF Braille Digital Format
(218 KB)

This is a copyrighted book available for download only to current members of Bookshare.org.

To open this book, you will first need to unpack it using the Bookshare.org Unpack Tool that can be downloaded from the
Download Tools area.

Nested Table with 2 columns and 9 rows, nesting level 1
Synopsis:
Who would kill a loner with a soft spot for stray dogs? And why would the killer use an eighty-five-year-old bullet, fired from the same gun that killed
two women who were discovered bound, naked.
Average customer rating:
No ratings available yet
Quality:
Excellent, almost no errors.