[bksvol-discuss] Re: I'm back, and question on scanners

  • From: "Donna Goodin" <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:11:18 -0400

Hi Nehemiah,

  I don't know how much scanning you do, or plan to do, but if you will be
scanning a lot, I can't recommend the Fujitsu FI4220 highly enough. I say if
you will be doing a lot of scanning because it is expensive. If you shop around
online, you can probably find it for about $1200.  Obviously, if you just want
to scan the mail or the occasional book, it's not worth spending that much
money.  Reasons why I recommend it: it's very fast, it's very accurate. I think
it gives me some of the best scans I've ever seen, and I've given it some
horrible copy!  It has a great document feeder that I have gotten about 80
pages into, and, it duplexes, scans both sides of the page at once, which is a
real time saver!

Have fund with Kurzweil, I think you'll really like it.
Best,
Donna