[bksvol-discuss] Re: I'm Back Now

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 17:52:10 -0800

Ok yeah, the ship is the SS Jeremiah O'Brien.
--------------------
"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated, but when you get the two of them together in a way people can relate to, then I think you're on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in the purity of the sound, the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of the performances."—Trumpeter Chris Botti---- --------------------
Chela Robles
From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] I'm Back Now
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;@freelists.org
Date: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 12:23 AM

I'm back now,
didn't end up playing the jazz tunes
nor taps so I didn't have to stress about playing the
song, "Night And Day"
which was on my mind all day today, only played Amazing
Grace with my buddy and
my solo at the end of the program, Fanfare For The Common
Man God Bless The USA
which made people applaud loudly, cry get really emotional,
then I and my buddy
played softly while a live high school jazz band played
several songs for the
dancing, and no one noticed us playing because the band was
loud, but we noticed
and it sounded fantastic, by the way, I was wrong about the
ship name in San
Francisco, it is the SS O'Brien and it is huge! Good
thing I didn't get lost in
it all, the food wasn't good  though, hope you all
are doing fine and good
night.
On my solo to end the
program before the dancing, I
planned to play what I heard a trumpeter do on the music
minus one trumpet
version of "God Bless The USA," but instead I
jazzed it up a bit and instead of
ending it with the low note, B flat for trumpet, I found
myself going two
octaves high, not on purpose, I assure you all, oh wow,
what a night oh and they
all got a chuckle when I told the maestro, "Hit it
maestro!", because I didn't
know how else to signal him before I ended the fanfare for
the common man, so
did it before playing the last three notes then when he
played the music from
the CD, it came in on time, how perfect that
was!
Well, I'm off to bed
now,