[bksvol-discuss] Ice by Ed McBain Chosen for Mystery Book Club

  • From: Jim Baugh <jim.baugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 19:30:26 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION

Book Title Revision Notice

Topic: Ice by Ed McBain  Chosen for Mystery Book Club To Be Launched
Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Book Discussion Leader: Ann K. Parsons, Rochester, New York. Email: akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Web: http://www.portaltutoring.info

Do you like mysteries?  Do you like to read along with a character and see
if you can figure out who done it?  Then, Friends of Bookshare Mystery Book
Club is for you.
There are so many different kinds of mysteries:  the police procedural, the
Gothic novel, the comfortable coze, the intellectual puzzle, the unusual
sleuth, the mystery with an historical basis and more.  We'll be reading
mysteries this fall on The Bookshare Mystery Book Club.  We'll be reading
your favorite authors and trying some new and unusual ones too.  Come join
us and find out why so many people like
mysteries.
All books we'll be discussing can be found on Bookshare, as well as in other
places too.  We'll be starting with Ice by Ed McBain.  It's a classic police
procedural, a good start for the Mystery Genre.
We'll be meeting monthly at a time to be announced.  However, our first
meeting will be Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 8:30 P.M. Eastern Time in the
Friends of Bookshare Community room.
Date:  Tuesday, September 4, 2007.
Time:  5:30 p.m. Pacific, 6:30 p.m. Mountain, 7:30 p.m. Central, 8:30 p.m.
Eastern and outside the USA Wednesday GMT 00:30
Where:  The Friends of Bookshare Online Community Room.

There is no membership or registration fee required. All you need is a PC
running
Windows 2000 or later, an Internet connection, a sound card, and speakers.
(Mac and Linux access coming soon.) A
microphone will be needed to allow you to interact audibly with the
presenter and each other.
If, however, you do not have a microphone, text chatting will be allowed.

To join this community event, click on the community Room link on  the
Friends of Bookshare Home page at:
       http://www.friendsofbookshare.org
or use the following direct link: http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

If this is the first time you have entered a Talking Communities chat room,
or the conference client has been updated, you will need to install and then
run the Talkcom software. It is very small and safe to install on your
computer. When the installation is complete, you will be returned  to the
sign-in
screen. Select the Enter Room button. Enter your first and last name, Leave
the Password field blank. tab to the log in button, and press Enter.
That's it. You will be in the room and can begin talking with others in the
virtual audience by pressing and holding down the Control key.

Don't hesitate to invite all your friends. Seating is unlimited and  All
events are FREE! Also, stop by the community room anytime to visit with
friends, get personalized training on book scanning, submission and
validating or get immediate answers to Bookshare issues.

Archives of past events are available on the Friends of Bookshare website.

See you Tuesday, September 4!

Media Contact:
Friends of Bookshare
Pat Price, Planning Committee Chair
317-254-1185
Email:  pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx

This online live event is entirely an activity of Bookshare volunteers that
is  sponsored by the Accessible World in partnership with Talking
Communities.
http://www.accessibleworld.org