[bksvol-discuss] Re: ISDN Numbers.

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:47:10 -0800

You can leave the number on the bookshare check-in page as it is.

They are actually the same number. In the past, there were only 10 numbers (like the one in the file). Newer books have 13 numbers, like what you see on the bookshare check-in page (and some books have both on them). Take away the 978 from the 13 digit number and they are the same except for the last number. The last number is different because it is calculated from the other numbers and with the 978 in front of one, the result of the calculation is different.

Misha

On 11/12/2011 12:00 AM, Sk22 wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to check in a book I have proofed. This is the first book I have done. The ISDN number is different in the RTF file from the information supplied with the book when I
try to check it in.

The number that is listed with the other information about the book when I
try to check it in is

ISBN-13:
9781561453672

and the number in the actual file is