[bksvol-discuss] Re: ISBN search

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 15:38:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi Shannon,

When I put the ISBN number in my library's online
catalog I got the following:

Never say die / Tess Gerritsen.
Publisher         Don Mills, Ont. : MIRA Books, c1992.
Paging    249 p. ; 18 cm.

I did some research on the government copyright page,
too. That particular book wasn't listed. However, I
checked all the entries for both Tess Gerritsen and
Terry Gerritsen. For the two items under Terry
Gerritsen, in parantheses in said "i.e., tess
Gerritsen).  I noticed that both of the Terry books
are Harlequin romances. Maybe she uses Terry for
Harlequin and Tess for more, shall-we-say "reputable
books? From an author's point of view, perhaps?

It seems to me that I used to be able to use ISBN
numbers when searching the copyright site, but now
it's not a choice. I'm looking forward to the new
"easier" site when it's done.

Cindy

--- "Shannon A. Reece" <shazza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi.
> I am trying to figure out if a book that has been
> bouncing on and off the step1 page for two months is
> truly by the author it says it's by.
> It's been returned many times because of time
> expiring and since it's supposedly by a favorite
> author of mine, I'd like to either accept it or
> reject it once and for all.
> With that said:
> The book is Never Say die supposedly by Tess
> Gerritsen.
> The file says it's published by Mira Books which I
> believe is in Canada, hence maybe there's no US
> copyright.  I can't find this title by Tess
> Gerritsen on the US copyright site at all.  She also
> does not have it listed on her web site,
> www.tessgerritsen.com either.
> According to the file, the ISBN is:
> 1-55166-176-4
>
> From the file again:
>
> Copyright � 1992 by Terry Gerritsen
>
> Okay now I saw one item by a Terry Gerritsen on the
> US copyright site, but since this was before I got
> the book, I did not research Terry Gerritsen.
>
> However on the page before this  Copyright � 1992
by