[bksvol-discuss] Re: IE 9 Help Please?

  • From: "Sandi Ryan" <sjryan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:10:10 -0600

Hi Marty,

The quickest and most thorough solution I found was to upgrade to JAWS 12
(they're up to 13 now, so it might work with IE 9.0 even better).  It's very
disconcerting not to have the links, etc. that have always been there--and they
still are ... you've just lost your ability to access them.  If you must stay
with JAWS 11.0, using IE 8 is better.  And that goes for sites other than
Bookshare, too.

Another thing no one told me about that changes with IE 9 is the Alt-N that
allows you to respond in downloading, etc.  That took a bit of getting used to!

Sandi