[bksvol-discuss] Re: I was told the following books are garbage scrap them please

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 20:40:34 -0800

Bravo, Ann! I agree with you. Gwen, I hope you don't give up on your
scanning for Bookshare just because your enthusiasm and love for what you do
is marvelous. I'm thinking if that person who emailed you could have said:
"Gwen, I'm reading page number such-and-such and this is what I see. Can you
tell me about such-and-such, or I am missing some text on line number
such-and-such." Now that would be something you could deal with. Blanket
generalizations do not help anybody, especially when they're starting out.
I'm sort of in the same boat from the proofreading end, in that I need to
learn how to go about it and definitely could use all the help I can get. So
I hope you won't let some person who has given snarky and unhelpful comments
to you discourage you from proceeding in doing what you wish to do. You wish
to provide a service, namely, adding books to the collection, and for my
money, I say you should be cheered on and given specific advice that will
make you understand you are a competent person who can scan well. I'm no
where near where you are, and I'll bet you some day, people will be asking
you for advice. It could happen, you know. Regards, and hoping for the best
for us, Kim.