[bksvol-discuss] Re: I need software advice.

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 07:32:19 -0700

Cindy, since you're sighted, check out openoffice.org
(www.openoffice.org)? I believe u can get it in multiple platforms,
including mac, it's ms-word compatible, &, amazingly, it's also free.
It's written in Java which makes it pretty platform-independent, but,
unfortunately, screenreader support for Java has a long way to go.
Window-Eyes is probably the best 1 for that now. But since u don't
have to concern yourself w/that, go 4 it!

Write me off list if u need data recovery assistance.

On 1/26/10, Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I won't go into detail, but I now need either a new computer or a new  WOrd
> program. I know a lot of you have been complaining about Microsoft 7 Have
> any of you used Microsoft 8? I've been using Word 2004, which I love
>
> Please let me know (you can wtite to me offlist unless others on the list
> would benefit from the info0 Thanks
>
> Cindy
>
> Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and
> books-being-scanned list available at sites below
>

> Wish List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Bookshare+Wish+List
>
> Books Being Scanned List:
> https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
www.abletec.serverheaven.net
Please join me Saturday, 11/7, on my walk against breast cancer by
making a donation at:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/larkspur>