[bksvol-discuss] Re: I need a sighted proofreader for several books, please.

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 23:36:59 -0700 (PDT)

Yep.

    Yes, please, do get Bermudez Triangle!  I
wasn't sure you'd be able to get it!  And that's one less for Cindy to
bother with!

I'll submit and put a hold for you on the book once I know
that you have it, okay?

    And if it isn't awaiting you as they say, Cindy
can still get her copy next week.

Does that work for you all?

    Thanks so much for everyone's help with these
books!

    And so that we don't clutter up the list,
I'll save this note, and if you don't mind, you can write me privately
at:
mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx

once you know about whether you can get The Bermudez
Triangle.  Sorry to have gotten this so complicated!

And thanks tons for everyone's help!

Mayrie

From: Mayrie ReNae
      <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] I need a
      sighted proofreader for several books, please.
To:
      bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 1:45
      AM

      Hi
      Everyone,

    This last batch of library books that
      I received have what is for me
a common problem.  Many of them
      have chapter headings that did not scan
well.  I can't get these
      books up to my standards of what a book should be
without sighted
      help.  There will be very little for a proofreader to do on
most
      of these books, but it does need to be a sighted person with a copy
      of
the book in hand to fix what I have not been able to fix.  I'll
      explain
about each book.

Sucker Punch by David Hernandez

ISBN 978-0-06-117331-8 (lib. bdg.)
I could not find a single place
      to put a chapter heading in this book.  None
scanned and I saw no
      indication of where to put them.
I have proofread and formatted this
      book thoroughly. All that this book
needs is to have chapter headings
      inserted, or Three asterisks in their
stead, if the only indication of
      where sections begin is white space.

The Bermudez Triangle by
      Maureen Johnson
ISBN 1-59514-019-0 (hardcover)
This book has also
      been proofread thoroughly.  All chapter headings are
present and
      all formatting has been done.  However, the first few words
      of
each chapter are in a font that did not scan clearly at all.  A
      sighted
proofreader would need to insert the proper first few words of
      each chapter.
But I've done everything else.

Lucky by Rachel
      Vail
ISBN 978-0-06-089044-5 (lib. bdg.)
This book too has been
      proofread thoroughly (every single word is what I
mean by thoroughly)
      and formatted properly.  However, not all chapter
headings
      scanned.  Some I could not figure out where to place, and some
had to guess at.  I need a sighted proofreader to make sure that
      all chapter
headings are in the proper places and enlarge and bold
      those that he/she
needs to insert.

And finally,
Madapple by
      Christina Meldrum
I won't ask anyone to proofread this book yet.
      I haven't read or cleaned up
some junk that I can't identify. I wonder,
      would someone be willing to get a
copy from his/her library and send me
      a list of chapter headings and the
numbers of pages on which each
      begins?  Then I can do the clean-up on this
book and read
      it.

Any help with any of these is much appreciated. Thanks for
      anything anyone
is able to help
      with.

Mayrie

To unsubscribe from this list send
      a blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put
      the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list
      line.