[bksvol-discuss] Re: I must be nuts! HELP!!!!

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 07:40:42 -0400

This is wonderful, Valerie.
Christina

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Valerie Maples
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 12:08 AM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] I must be nuts! HELP!!!!

  And yes, this is on topic!  LOL

  Nichole and I are at ALA, the annual American Library Association convention
in New Orleans, and we are thoroughly overwhelmed.  Nichole shared her story
and passion for reading with hundreds of authors and publishers, promoting
Bookshare all along the way.  Long story short, we found dozens of publishers
and authors interested in donations and was given 68 books, only 6 of which are
already in Bookshare, and 6 additional ARC's that cannot be used, but Nichole
can read.

  Anyway, after we get back, Doug and I will make a list with some synopses
when easily available and if anyone is interested in scanning them,  but can
mail them back to me (either for us to proof or to donate to our local
library), I can share the wealth.  Suffice it to say it is a WIDE range of
books, nearly all YA and younger, but a couple adult titles.

  My feet are worn off, but it has been the experience of a lifetime.  Tomorrow
Nichole is a special guest for the Schneider Family Award luncheon, and we will
likely head home immediately after since the exhibit hall closes at 2.  It was
a dream come true for Nichole!

  Valerie, a weary, but proud and happy mom and devoted Bookshare volunteer