[bksvol-discuss] Re: I learn something new

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:12:59 -0500

Dear heavens. I am going to go over the edge. How confusing folks! Just a little feedback from anyone who understands what happens after a book is approved could go a long way to helping us poor submitters and validators who work hard mean well and go down to defeat for three years now.

I am discouraged.

E.

At 07:04 PM 11/30/2005, you wrote:

Exactly why I tested the split chapter method. I wanted to know by first hand knowledge if it worked or not. I can say conclusively that it does not. I checked again with the validator to make sure she didn't change it, and she definitely didn't. If this method worked for some people I would love to know why. Maybe what they meant by saying that it worked was that the chapter number stayed because they placed it on the second line, but the word chapter disappeared.

I should have placed the word chapter on a line, then the number on the next line, and the title on the third line. That would have probably resulted in the word chapter being removed, but the number and title remaining.

We agree completely on the other chapter protection methods.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>