[bksvol-discuss] Re: I have a question please and thank you.

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 20:16:23 EDT

If a minor got hold of it the minor might like it or might not like it.
What's the big deal? If you got hold of it then I suppose you wouldn't like it.
I have read many books that I did not like and no harm came to me.
Personally, I tend to have a compulsion to keep reading a book I have started
until
I finish it even if I don't like it, but if you don't have that compulsion
you can easily stop it if you find out you don't like it. Let me point out
again, though, there is a category on Bookshare that is clearly marked as a
children's category. With the exception of an occasional mistake I am sure
that the books in that category are primarily intended for children and books
that are not included in that category are primarily intended for adults. I
am really not sure why an adult would prefer children's books, but if that is
your preference then simply choose from the children's category. If a book
intended for adults happens to be included in that category by mistake then,
again, it is real easy to stop reading a book you don't like.
The adult designation is completely unnecessary given these categories and
the fact that it makes certain books unavailable to minors actually makes it
detrimental. That is because just as in the case of adults who prefer
children's books there are many minors who prefer adult books and I would guess
that there are actually a good deal more of them who prefer adult books than
there are adults who prefer children's books.

"The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies
the end.
" Leon Trotsky

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: I have a question please and thank you.
Date:
9/8/2009 5:07:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
gstweedy@xxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

But I still have a further question.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am not! saying this is right or wrong nor
telling anyone what is good or not  good to read That I want to make clear
right
off the bat.  But my husband and I read totally different books thus scan
totally different books. His books that he scans and reads not saying they
all
do again don't misunderstand, but I know for a fact that this every wish
fullfilled that he just got put up it has explicit descriptions and language
but I can find it in my books even though I've said I want no adult content
what if a minor got hold of this book it says no adult content so going by
that anyone can read this book including my grand kids who are pre
schoolers and stuff.

 What determines adult content I'm not saying it's good or bad but I'll be
doggone if I want to go into a book and find things I don't want to
unexpected,
most of y'all this is not gonna care or make sense to but does anybody get
where I'm coming from?

block quote