[bksvol-discuss] Re: I have a question please and thank you.

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:49:51 -0500

Just a comment that may not be obvious here... Sometimes a submitter rates a
book as good if he or she knows it is a raw scan. I like it when they do
that because the proofreader knows more about what's involved in working on
the book.

Julia has been  planning on moving and has a massive amount of books she's
scanned. Since the new home only has access to slow dial-up internet
service, several of us have urged her to upload what she has scanned so
Bookshare will have benefit of the books. She has flagged them as good so
people will know that they'll need to do more proofreading with her books.
Some will be in great shape. Others won't, and sadly, a few might not be
able to be approved at all.

Newer volunteers, especially ones who are also learning to use their
computer at the same time, should probably skip these books for now. Working
on books rated excellent will help newer volunteers get comfortable with
proofreading without added confusion.

Julia is a nice person to work with, and she'll do her best to answer
questions about her books. Like most of us, her scans have gotten better
over the past couple of years. I see progress and skill with each new scan.
I'm hopeful that we'll see several of her books in the collection soon.
(smile)

Monica Willyard
Check out my books and accessible book lists on Goodreads at
http://www.goodreads.com/profile/plumlipstick