[bksvol-discuss] Re: I have a few questions.

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jandsed@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:52:52 -0400

Hi Jessica,

Page breaks are actual codes in the text, usually denoted by a '^m' or ctrl-m. It's actually a command that tells a printer to start a new page. So, you do want to leave them in. If you're proofing in Word or something similar, it will tell you where the page breaks are. Many of us when we validate do a global replace like this, at least in Word:

Find and replace

find:  ^m

Replace with:  ^p^m^p

this puts a blank line before and after the page break and makes it easier to mark up for the DAISY copy.

As for the ones at the beginning of the book, that sounds like a picture.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring