[bksvol-discuss] Re: I got my first proof accepted!

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 09:31:28 -0500

Congrats, Doug! It's a great feeling, isn't it? And I feel the same way every time I get a book accepted, even after almost two years of volunteering. smile.

I'm the other sighted volunteer that uses Dragon NaturallySpeaking. I think you, Gwen and I are the only volunteers that do. It is a great product and it makes all the difference in enabling use of a computer when you can't use a keyboard or mouse! smile. My husband will tease me sometimes as he walks past when I'm using the computer, just to see if I'll forget and remark back. If I do, Dragon of course happily chugs along and writes out what I've just said on the computer!

Judy s.

Doug Maples wrote:
As a newbie, it was really nice to get the e-mail saying that the book I had proofed,/// Rhinoceros (Nature's Children)/ by Merebeth Switzer, had been accepted. The book was set aside for me by Shelley as a good starter book. It was a nice one to cut my teeth on and I will stay with the shorter ones until I get a little better. Thanks to all for your help.

By the way, I use Dragon naturally speaking for all of my work, also. As a quadriplegic, it is the only thing that allows me to do this.

-- Doug