[bksvol-discuss] Re: I got my book!

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:39:50 -0700

I envy u.  I read it many years ago & have always been a bit of a
student of the phenomenon known as the "3rd reich", to the extent of
having read "Mein Kampf" in the original German.  I would love to
re-read them now w/the maturity of years under my belt, not just as
some brash know-it-all college kid.  Maybe someday I'll get enough
credits to join Bookshare & at least read 3rd reich.  I'm trying to
remember where I found "Mein Kampf" but I think it was in our college
library.  One could not check it out so I spent many months reading it
there.  I'd studied German for 6 years at the time so it was still
fresh--I'd have to struggle w/every word now were I to undertake
*that* again.

On 12/10/07, Bob <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just wanted everyone to know that a few weeks ago I asked on this list how
> to put "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" on the wish list for rescanning.
>
> I got an email last night from Carrie that she had the book, had scanned it,
> and had placed it on the download page with a hold for me. My first hold.
> <grin>
>
> I am happily reading and occasionally correcting this fantastic book. I'm in
> book/hog heaven!
>
> Wow, what a pleasure it is to work with people who get things done in a big
> way.
>
> Bob
> "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
> committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is
> the only thing that ever has."--Margaret Mead

Jackie McBride
& Check out my homepage at:
www.abletec.serverheaven.net