[bksvol-discuss] Re: I don't like the new site

  • From: Julie & Miss Mercy <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:14:19 -0500

They did ask for beta testers. I don't know how many of us mentioned the short synopsis issue. I, for one, admittedly forgot to, but I don't like the fact that it's not there anymore either, but as a member and as a volunteer, you could have been a beta tester and seen the layout before it became live.

Bob wrote:
I think the jury is still out on the new site, but I also miss the short synopsis. Why have both a short and long synopsis if they are going to appear together on the book information page?--Makes no sense. In the past I'd use the short synopses on the "new books" page to determine whether or not I wanted to do further investigation. But, I'm not going to bring up a new screen for a book unless I really think I want to read it, as that could take a long time. As I said in the beginning, I think the jury is still out on the new site--they still have problems so I think we should give them time to work some of those out. I do wish they had asked us what we thought about the layout before surprising us with it. After all, we might have some ideas of our own. Bob