[bksvol-discuss] Re: I can't find a copyright year

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 08:31:26 -0800

Hi Jamie!

Thanks for looking up that information about what to put on the form for me. I appreciate you going to the effort. I'm less than truly motivated today. I'll compare, but I think that I have that exact copyright page scanned in the book. I think that came out perfectly, but was just missing information I thought pertinent, and that I was afraid I'd missed somehow. Nonetheless, as soon as I finish my coffee which is waiting for me as I type, I'll do the comparison.

Thanks for all of your help. And I'll do as you suggest and put the author's name in the copyright holder field.

        Have a great day!

Peace,
Mayrie

At 06:29 AM 1/5/2007, you wrote:
Hi Mayrie, I checked Jake's site and Carrie says:

The copyright author of the book-
This one's also pretty easy, except for those cases
where there is no
copyright author listed. In that case, use the
author's name. Don't
use the publisher's name, unless the company holds the
copyright.

So I would do just what she says and put in the
author's name as the copyright holder.

The book I got from the library is the same isbn you
listed so you should be able to insert that copyright
page into your scan and that clearly shows the
copyright date and exactly how it is listed in the
book.

That's what I would do, anyway.

Jamie in Michigan